Friday, March 5, 2021

Order of Worship 3-7-2021

Prelude:  Melora Watson  

Welcome: Pastor Nieves 

Opening Hymn: I Stand Amazed (My Saviour's Love)

Verse 1

I stand amazed in the presence

Of Jesus the Nazarene

And wonder how He could love me

A sinner condemned unclean

 

Chorus

How marvelous how wonderful

And my song shall ever be

How marvelous how wonderful

Is my Saviour's love for me

 

Verse 2

For me it was in the garden

He prayed not My will but Thine

He had no tears for His own griefs

But sweat drops of blood for mine

 

Verse 3

In pity angels beheld Him

And came from the world of light

To comfort Him in the sorrows

He bore for my soul that night

 

Verse 4

He took my sins and my sorrows

He made them His very own

He bore the burden to Calvary

And suffered and died alone

 

Verse 5

When with the ransomed in glory

His face I at last shall see

'Twill be my joy through the ages

To sing of His love for me

 

Prayer:

Everlasting God,

Because of your tender mercy toward all people,

You sent your Son, our Savior Jesus Christ,

To take upon himself our flesh,

And to suffer death upon the cross,

That all should follow the example of his great humility.

Mercifully grant that we may follow the example of his patience

And also be made partakers of his resurrection;

Through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

  

Congregational Hymn: Amazing Love

 

Verse 1

My Lord what love is this
That pays so dearly
That I the guilty one
May go free

 

Chorus

Amazing love O what sacrifice
The Son of God giv’n for me
My debt He pays and my death He dies
That I might live
That I might live
(That I might live)

 

Verse 2

And so they watched Him die
Despised rejected
But oh the blood He shed
Flowed for me

 

Verse 3

And now this love of Christ
Shall flow like rivers
Come wash your guilt away

Live again 

 

Pastoral Prayer 

Lord's Prayer 

 

OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN, 

HALLOWED BE THY NAME. 

THY KINGDOM COME. 

THY WILL BE DONE 

ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN. 

GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD, 

AND FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES, 

AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US, 

AND LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, 

BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL. 

FOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM, 

AND THE POWER, AND THE GLORY, 

FOR EVER AND EVER 

AMEN 

 

Anthem/Solo: How Beautiful...Martin Mattox & Melora Watson

Sermon: God In The Flesh / John 1:1-5, 14

Announcements / Closing 

Postlude: Tracy Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment